Creating a Budget for My Wedding

How do I budget for my wedding?

http://www.wedalert.com/content/planning/

A handy print out budget and planner, hope this helps.

I suggest you look at the online budget planner someone else has provided. However, making a budget is easy. You take the amount of money you HAVE and divide it up. For example, if you have $1,000 to spend on your wedding, use 1/3 for the ceremony and 2/3rd for the reception. Or you can use fourths, using 1/4th for the ceremony and 3/4ths for the reception. If you see you are spending too much on your reception, you will know you need to sacrifice something from the ceremony portion to compensate for this expenditure. Learn to make decisions based not only on preferences, but also on consequences of your actions.

Best of luck

Do you know the book called The Tightwad Gazette. Start there and other articles on budgeting weddings on tightwad.com under super links and then The Dollar Stretcher. Then look at your own money savings and go from there. It all depends on how soon you are going to be married. Well best of luck, but don't get a wedding planner they are rip-offs and I can assume you are not rich or wealthy, if you are asking us on this site. Am I right?

I highly suggest visiting www.weddingplanningwiz.com and clicking on "Wedding Budget." They have an Excel spreadsheet you can download for FREE that takes into account your desired budget, guest list, etc., and spreads out your $ to show you about how much to spend on each area. A running total updates at the bottom with each change you make. It really saved my sanity and kept me on track when I got married!

There are some ideas of how to save on wedding items on the Living on a Dime site. TheKnot.com is exclusively devoted to weddings. The Tightwad Gazette books also have ideas.

A good starting point: start writing down what YOU want. But a warning: if you look in the wedding magazines, you're going to be in for quite the sticker-shock.

Bride and Groom Putting Money in Piggy Bank
Creating a Budget for Your Wedding
Weddings AdviceFebruary 28, 2007
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Two tiered wedding cake with flowers on top.
Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
🎉
🎄