The finished project looks good in any kid's room. Make a couple and give them as birthday gifts.
Crafting Time: 30 - 45 minutes
What You Need:
- red poster board
- black marker
- craft glue
- 1 yard of 3/8 inch red grosgrain ribbon
- 1/2 a yard of 3/8 inch blue, yellow, green, orange, purple, brown, and black grosgrain ribbon
- red glitter
- 1 box of eight crayons
- Draw and cut a large crayon shape from red poster board. Trace this shape and cut again so you have two identical shapes.
- Use black marker to color one side of each of these large crayon shapes to resemble the label on a real crayon.
- Cut a length of red ribbon to use for the mobile hanger. Glue both ends of this to the back of one of your crayon designed poster board pieces.
- Now glue one end of all ribbon colors to the bottom of this same poster board piece, spacing them evenly.
- Glue the second crayon poster board piece to the first, design side out, and covering all ribbon ends. Outline the poster board crayon with glue and sprinkle red glitter over the glue. Repeat this process on the other side of your poster board crayon.
- Cut the ribbon strings to different lengths to add interest to your mobile. Place glue on the bottom inch of each. Roll each ribbon end around a crayon, matching colors, and changing the ribbon placement on the crayon, so each crayon will hang at a different angle.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
April 9, 20070 found this helpful
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
June 10, 20070 found this helpful
This seems like a good "hand to eye" coordination challenge for young ones, IF the mobile is firmly attached to something and doesn't fall. It's a great idea for a gift to make. It inspires me for a lot of ideas, too. Thanks. God bless you.. : )
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 1, 2016 at 11:51:28 PM on 10.0.2.82 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us