Removing Unknown Stains on Towels

I just bought beautiful hand towels from Williams Sonoma Home for my guest bathroom. They are waffle weave on one side, plush terry on the other and linen colored.

We had a bunch of guests over the weekend and at the end I discovered one of the towels has 3 weird stains on it. There are 3 pinkish-orangish stains that look almost like dye transfer or as if someone bleached out the towels.

I am soaking them now in Woolite and water, but am very pessimistic. It's not a regular stain, looks very set in. I have no idea what it could be. Anyone have any suggestions for me? The towels washing instructions are machine wash warm, tumble dry.

Thanks.

Sarajane

By sarajane from NY

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

It almost sounds like makeup stains. I usually use powdered dish washer detergent and soak over night. Most stains are gone after the first soak. Judy

If they're white and cotton, you can bleach them.

Put Dawn dish detergent(original type) on the stain and let set for about 15 minutes, then wash as normal. You may need to do this a couple of times but it should remove it even if its been through the dryer.

The stains may be from acne medication or from a product, that has benzoil peroxide in it. I do know benzoil peroxide will stain fabric. Perhaps do an online search, for removing benzoil peroxide stains.

Well, the bad news is that the only way to deal with a stain of this type is to dye the towel or use a dye marker but the good news is at least I'm not wasting my time trying to remove a stain that's not a stain. It's a bleach out of color. Thanks to all of you for your help, sarajane

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 15, 2009
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:19:54 AM on 10.0.0.82 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.