Phoenix and Fluffy (Chicks)

Phoenix is the black legged chick, and Fluffy is the white legged chick. Our pet chicks are very young, they are still in an incubator, a large plastic home on our entertainment center in the bedroom. They are old enough to just be losing the fluffy feathers and getting in regular type feathers, but too young to tell if Phoenix and Fluffy are male or female. They are part silky and another variety, which I forget. They have five toes on their feet instead of four, both of them get this from their mother.

The fifth grade was supposed to hatch about 12 chicks and they each were promised a home after they hatched. The electric went out for a day and only half of them hatched out. I went on freecycle.org for my surrounding area and asked that if any one had two that we would give them homes. We found a couple who are retired and raise and sell birds of all kinds. When they do the fertilize test on the eggs to see if the roosters are doing what they are supposed to do, they hatch "all" the eggs and find homes for them. So adorable and we are lucky to have found them this time of the year. They spend a lot of time cuddled with each other, after eating and drinking nonstop. They love to come out and walk and look around on the bed.

They like to be cuddled softly and talked to. Wen they are not sure where I am they call me and I tell them "Hello babies" and then they go back to sleep, like a child looking to see if it's mom is nearby.

They talk to me at night and during the day. They look at me through their little light area where they live and they let me know they are watching me.They do not like to be separated. They talk back to me when I talk to them and I know what all their soft calls mean. Compared to any other bird I have ever had the joy to be a guardian of, these have the sweetest personalities I have ever seen. We can't wait to make their coop later and watch them have the time of their lives outside. Thanks to the fifth grade science class, we have a new love for chicks and chickens and they have a great love for us. Soon we will have fresh eggs!

By Robyn Fed

What a cute story. Hope you get some eggs. They are wonderful when fresh nothing like what you get in the store. Take care of those special chicks. Best wishes.

What a nice little story! I hope they live long and happy lives.

Just adorable little "peeps".

Wishing you the best of luck with them.

Thanks for sharing their photo.

ww

Baby Chick
Chick Photos
Pets Birds ChickensOctober 22, 2010
A girl taking an online course using her laptop.
University of Phoenix Online Reviews
Easter Crafts for Kids
Easter Crafts for Kids
Fluffy meringue hearts.
Homemade Meringue
Hens and Chicks
Growing Hens and Chicks
🎉
🎄