Cowboy Craft Ideas

I am in charge of crafts this year for VBS (Vacation Bible School) for kids Pre-K through 6th grade. We have a cowboy theme, so I need some cowboy craft ideas that are very inexpensive and can be adapted for all age groups.

Thank you!

April from NW Missouri

Best Answer

Last year our theme was Cowboys for our VBS. Our leader got tube socks, stuffed them half way and put it on a dowl rod. Along the 'neck' she glued on cut brown yarn for the mane. After they dried the first day, they had 'giddy' up ponies for the rest of the week. Good luck

Best Answer

Our bible school this year is cowboy themed too. Here are some of my ideas:

Sheriff badges made from empty Pringles containers. Cut down the side of the container and cut off the bottom. Then you have one big piece of silver cardboard. Make star shapes on the opposite side of the silver cardboard. I got 9 stars per container. Hot glue pins on each star and use them as name tags for the kids and helpers.

Cactus piggy banks made from an empty juicy juice container. Paint it green and hot glue on green foam for the arms. Make eyes, nose and mouth from an old egg carton and glue on. I used a scrap piece of tissue paper for his bandana and glued on a star for his badge. Found an old straw hat in my craft drawer for his hat but for VBS will make cowboy hats from Styrofoam cups that you melt in the oven. Here are the directions: Then paint the hats brown. Cut a slit in the back and you have a cactus bank. Here's a picture of the cactus. has lots of western themed religious crafts also

Hope these ideas help

What Bible character are you studying? I might be able to come up with some ideas if I know where you are going with this.

Try this site for cowboy and rodeo craft printables.

Cowboy Craft
Cowboy Craft Ideas
Crafts Crafts For KidsJune 4, 2008
A boy dressed as a cowboy.
Cowboy Themed Party Ideas
LIttle Boy in Cowboy Costume
Making a Cowboy Costume
A photo of a cowboy on a farm.
Cowboy Themed Christmas Gift Ideas
closeup of cooked beans
Cowboy Beans Recipes