Building a Temporary Door Overhang

I just moved into an attic apartment. I didn't notice that there was no overhang on the roof to protect me from the elements while I search for my keys to unlock the door or for guests, waiting for me to open the door.

Does anyone know of any low cost ideas to put something up temporarily? I don't want to bother the landlord. Thank you.

By Kathie from Portland, ME

You have to let or ask the landlord about this before you do anything to their house. They might fix it if you ask them, good luck.

Have to agree with kffrmw88 you would have to ask the landlord. Any thing temporary would be just that. It would not be substantial enough to trust. With cell phones I would suggest in bad weather ask your guests to call when they arrive so you can be at the door. Get your keys out before you get out of your car so you are ready when you reach your door. You could always keep an umbrella in your car for yourself. You might offer to help with putting something up, might encourage your landlord to do something.

Ditto to laltratr and Kffrmw88!

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceDecember 11, 2009
Inexpensive Couch
Inexpensive Furnishings for a Temporary Apartment
Make Steps From Cinder Blocks
Making Steps with Cinder Blocks
Garden Pond
Building a Garden Pond
A screen serving as a temporary door.
Installing a Temporary Door
🎄
🍂