Looking for Drain Board Solution

I have a sink with about a 1/2 inch lip on it that sits above the counter to I can't find a drain board that has a wedge or an incline that will direct the drain water into the sink. the drain board I have now just pools the water. Can anyone suggest a product that will help?

Bobby K

I had a drainboard that wouldn't drain too. My solution? Put a board under the end of the drainboard. I used a small piece of 2x4 left over from remodeling. It isn't pretty, but it raises the end up enough for the drainboard to drain into the sink.

Camilla

How about glueing something to the bottom of the drainboard-a piece of dowel or PVC pipe cut to size might work well.

Do you have a double sink like I do? I now have a plastic-covered wire dishrack that just fits perfectly onto the second sink and therefore I have no drainboard to clean like I used to do. I used to have to wash the dishes, put the dishes away and immediately wipe down the drainboard because there was water sitting in the drainboard.....water sitting meant a film on the drainboard that was hard to clean off. A dishrack is much easier.

I have discarded my drainboard entirely - I use a couple of dish towels under the drainer instead. Use the damp ones that need laundered, anyway. This also eliminates the slimey gunk that builds up on plastic drainboards.

Try putting a couple of rubber door wedges (the things used to hold doors open) under the drain board.

I had the same problem. I just used an old butter dish turned over & stuck under the drain board. It was out of sight but best of all it was free. Hope this helps.

Regarding the people looking for drainboards that actually drain.

Carol Wright Gifts on the net has for sale a covered wire support that actually tilts the drainboard. It's on sale right now cheap.

A perfect solution to your problem. I had that problem too. - 1mom2

Thanks for the information on where to order the wire support for a drainboard. I did a Google search looking for just that information and found that right away. Amazing! I'll go to the Carol Wright Web site and order it. I had one of those years ago, and it really does help keep the drainboard dry.

This great new product called Drain Mate is (4 ) products in one go to Drainmatedishrack.com and look at it. It's space saving and the water drains direct in to the trap of your sink ( NO MORE MESS ) it's stainless steel and has a built in cutting board on the flip side of the cover. Also it can be undermounted as well as a drop in unit

You have to buy the DRAIN MATE this all in one product will solve your problem. drainmatedishrack.com It's an awesome simple to use product

amazon.com has one--stainless steel with legs so is raised up from counter---is somewhat expensive but worth looking at design

Over the Door Ironing Board
Using an Over the Door Ironing Board
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
tub drain
Retrieving Parts from a Broken Drain
Bulletin Board
Making a Bulletin Board
🎄
🍂