Simple Chicken Potpie
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 tsp. of poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (can use fresh vegetables but they must be half cooked)
- 3 cups of cubed cooked chicken
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in flour and poultry seasoning until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and vegetables.
Transfer to a greased 9 inch deep dish pie plate. Top with pastry. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Bake at 450 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Source: My friend Amy.
By Raymonde from North Bay, Ontario
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 26, 2016 at 1:16:35 PM on 10.0.0.66 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us