Simple Chicken Potpie
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 tsp. of poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (can use fresh vegetables but they must be half cooked)
- 3 cups of cubed cooked chicken
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in flour and poultry seasoning until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and vegetables.
Transfer to a greased 9 inch deep dish pie plate. Top with pastry. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Bake at 450 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Source: My friend Amy.
By Raymonde from North Bay, Ontario
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 23, 2017 at 9:56:30 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us