Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole

• 4 chicken breasts cooked and diced
  • 1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup salsa
  • Ad
  • diced green chilies to taste
  • 1 lb. grated Jack cheese
  • 12 corn tortillas torn in small pieces

Directions:

Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl. Layer 1/3 of the torn tortillas on bottom of a greased 9x13 inch pan. Layer on 1/3 of the chicken mixture and then 1/3 of cheese. Repeat twice more with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serves 6-8.

By Sandy from Graettinger IA

When I was growing up, I remember my Mom making this for my Dad to take to office parties. We RARELY got it as it was more package food than my Mom usually used. She did use one can of Cream of mushroom and one of chicken, then used FF milk to thin it down some, instead of sour cream. I've used a few chopped black olive to break up the color a little, LOVE this recipe!

I love Green Chili Chicken enchiladas. Being from New Mexico I have it all the time. My version uses cream of mushroom soup and chicken broth along with sour cream. One thing you might want to try different from your recipe is to put the soup mixture as your first layer. I find that the corn tortillas don't stick to the bottom and get hard. Much easier to scoop out when serving. Also I use the grocery's pre roasted chickens. They are moist and easy to shred.

Chicken Enchilada Casserole on Table
Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes International Mexican CasserolesFebruary 24, 2010
Green chiles.
Green Chile Verde Recipes
Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole
Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole Recipes
Enchilada Casserole Recipes
Enchilada Casserole Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎉
🎄