Hard Bumps Appearing On Leather Boots

Does anyone have any information about how to care for this leather boots? I have gone through 2 pairs, (one cheapie & one really good name brand that I found at a thrift store) and I can't seem to figure out what's causing the strange, hard bumps that appear in the material around the bottom of the shoe (mostly around the front of the foot). I sometimes sprinkle a little baking soda in my shoes, could there be a chemical reaction going on? I'd love to know before I invest in a more expensive pair. Any ideas or suggestions for me?

Greta from Oklahoma

Answers

If you are wearing the leather boots (or any leather shoe) in winter weather, make sure you clean them daily. The salt and chemicals used to melt snow and ice damage leather. It will cause discoloration and raised spots when left on the shoe. I use leather protectant and clean my shoes frequently during the bad weather. I prefer to use the leather lotion which will clean the shoes and add water protection. I don't think baking soda would be a problem but whatever you are walking in on a daily basis can affect your leather shoes.

Colorful sweater hanging in a closet.
Removing Hanger Bumps on Sweaters
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots
Suede Boots
Cleaning Suede Boots
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 2:24:22 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.