Using Peanut Oil Instead of Vegetable Oil

Does any one know if you can substitute vegetable oil with peanut oil? Please let me know asap. I am baking honey bars.

Thanks for all your help,
Deb from Largo

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Yes, you can use peanut oil for all general cooking, although it's usually not a good substitute for olive oil. You need to be careful though, to make sure everyone you're feeding knows the food is prepared with peanut oil. Allergies to peanuts are widespread, and can be lethal to the unsuspecting diner.

Yes, you can, but I prefer using Grapeseed Oil. I also use Coconut Oil to replace shortening. All taste great and can hardly be detected.They all are healthier overall than Corn, Safflower oils. Soy is not suspected to be bad for us because it prevents the absorbtion of nutrients. God bless you. : )

Great thanks. I almost forgot about the fact that some people are allergic to peanuts. Thanks for the great advice and very quick response.

Peanut is an excellent oil, if you aren't allergic to peanuts.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsMay 9, 2007
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
Man Shopping for Oil
Using Vegetable Oil Instead of Olive Oil
microwave
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 4:24:58 PM on 10.0.1.224 in 850 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.