1. Trace a cookie cutter of choice on paper. Cut out the shape.
2. Decorate the shape with marker if you wish, for example the snowman's face was put on with marker. His hat is black glitter.
3. Add more color and sparkle by drawing on lines of glue and then sprinkling glitter over the glue. Glitter glue may be used in place of glue and glitter. The gingerbread man was decorated entirely with glue and glitter. Allow the glue to dry.
4. Use fine tip marker to write "To" and "From" on the front.
5. Use a paper punch to make a hole in each tag. Thread and knot a piece of ribbon or yarn through each hole.
Note: If you would like to make several for special friends and family, I would suggest tracing all your shapes first, then cutting them all out, and then decorating all of them at the same time. The process will move much more quickly this way. It's kind of like mass production.
By Marie E. Cecchini from West Dundee, IL
Making Your Own Gift Tags
Read feedback for this post below. Click here to post feedback.
I AGREE. HOW VERY CUTE
WHAT A NICE INEXPENSIVE CRAFT TO DO AND LOT OF FUN FOR THE CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THINKING TO POST THIS
Very cute! This is something the kids would love to do as a holiday project!
Add your voice to the conversation.