Uses for Bagged Shredded Cabbage

Bagged shredded cabbage is great for making your own coleslaw. My hubby just adds salad dressing. It also can be thrown into soup as a veggie. Last night we had a stew of sorts made out of leftover chicken, chicken noodle soup, and shredded cabbage (don't add salt as the soup will be salty enough!) Yummy, a nice and easy one dish meal.

By pamphyila from L.A., CA

I finally learned to like cabbage recently and now love it in the suggestions you mentioned as well. I also like it on tacos and burritos better than lettuce as it doesnt turn to slime like lettuce once it hits the hot meat mixture and gives some crunchy freshness.

Isn't cabbage also the main ingredient for sauerkraut?

I make coleslaw and put the coleslaw on my hamburgers or hotdogs as a condiment, also great on sausages or bratwurst sandwiches.

Thank you for your great suggestion. I do use the shredded to make my coleslaw but I didn't even think to add it to my Minestrone soup. Great Idea! Have a great Summer.

June 11, 2011 Flag

We like coleslaw and are now buying bagged, shredded cabbage to make our homemade slaw faster and easier. You can also put the shredded cabbage in soup or even stir fry. It lasts quite a while in the refrigerator, and cabbage is so good for us!

By pamphyila from Los Angeles, CA

Shredded cabbage
Uses for Bagged Shredded Cabbage
Food and Recipes Food Tips VegetablesJuly 6, 2010
Storing Cabbage
Storing Cabbage
Growing Cabbage, Selecting Good Broccoli, Freezing Cabbage
Freezing Cabbage
butterfly of an imported cabbage worm
Garden Insects: Imported Cabbage Worms
Bok choy growing in a field.
Growing Chinese Cabbage
🎉
🎄