Inexpensive Face Moisturizer

Does anyone know of a good face moisturizer that doesn't cost too much? I am living on a fixed income and can't afford high priced department store brands. Thanks and may God Bless!

Debra from Hampton, TN

Oil of Olay is the only thing I have ever used--I'll be 30 on Monday, and I STILL get carded for cigarettes (my husbands, not mine, lol)

Aquaeous cream is very cheap, has no perfume or taste, and can also be used as a cleanser (wash off with water).

I use good ole' vasoline. Cheap and lasts forever. Just put a tiny bit on your fingers with a drop of two of water and gently smear all over your face! An 80 year old woman with beautiful skin at that age told me of this!

The SPA products at the Dollar Store are fabulous. They contain Vitamins A,C, & E? and also have dead sea minerals. I think it comes in a blue and white tube, but make sure it has the vitamins and minerals. Another [product from there is called SKIN Milk, I have extremely dry skin and these are the BEST I have found! And you sure cannot beat the price. Enjoy!

There are a lot of good drugstore brands nowadays, which include Aveeno, Olay, Neutrogena, Avon, etc.

Why don't you start out by getting samples from the web? Go to freebie sites like freestufftimes.com to get the latest news on that. Believe it or not, I have gotten deals on quite decent facial moisturizers and eye cream occasionally at the 99 Cent Store. So check out the discount outlets, too. And there are even house brands of products like Oil of Olay which cost less. You really don't have to pay dept. stores prices for good skin care anymore, as the drugstore brands have caught up and are perfectly good! (Oh, and look for coupons on such brands in the newspaper, too!)

You can use Vaseline or olive oil but to me they're too oily. What I use is dollar store brand whipped baby lotion. only a dollar for large bottle. isn't greasy, moisturizes, lightly scented, and leaves skin soft. A bottle lasts a while too making it a cheap deal.

You want a great one without the expense? Do you have a Dollar General in your area? I have just recently purchased their generic face wash and face moisturizer, which is supposed to be equivalent to Olay. Try it. It works VERY well.

Vaseline will do it. I've used it all my life, good luck.

I am from Hampton, TN too!

I like to do moisturising treatments with olive oil, just rub it on, and then I wash once or twice with dove bar soap.

I am across the street from the bank by Browns.

Racer (Robyn)

Vaselline is too heavy and will clog pores and make your skin worse! The same can be said for olive oil. Try washing your face with honey once per day. It will give your face lots of extra moisture, firm skin, and help clear blemishes too. No matter which lotion you choose, if it is for your face, make sure that it is not too thick or greasy, and that it doesn't have a ton of harsh chemicals, perfumes, or dyes.

I haven't used anything else except sorbolene cream for years - it works well for me

Hi! I use a product by St. Ives. It comes in a large jar. I get it at WalMart. It's only a few dollars and works great and lasts a long time. Good Luck!

Visit Paula Begoun's website, www.paulaschoice.com. There is a link to the left of the webpage that says "Reviews of Other Brands." You can find a stellar product in every price range. For example, one of the best formulated moisturizers right now is Cerave. It comes in a huge 16 oz tub for $12.99 and can be purchased at most drugstores. Paula also has her own line of products that she sells, and all of them are spectacular as well!

Woman putting on Lotion
Moisturizing Tips and Techniques
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care MoisturizerJanuary 29, 2009
Girl having her face painted.
Homemade Face Paint Recipes
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Bottle of olive oil with olive branch in the foreground.
Using Olive Oil as a Moisturizer
Woman putting moisturizer on her hands.
Removing Moisturizer Stains from Clothing
🎄