Easy Lint Trap Clean Up

A great way to clean the lint out of your dryer: Tear a sheet of the sticky paper off of a dog hair or lint remover roll. Wrap the sheet around your 4 fingers (less your thumb) and swipe your hand through your lint catcher and around the surrounding areas of your dryer, including the wires that lint and spider webs gather on! Even get wild and wrap a few sheets around the end of a Swiffer mop and wipe off your fan blades or hard to reach ceiling corners- lint, fuzz, hair, dust and spider webs stick to this stuff instantly.

By Ohevyisrael from Bradenton, FL

When my brother was in the navy he wrapped masking tape around his hand(sticky side up) to clean any lint off his uniform. Same idea, just cheaper.

I'd imagine packing tape - the kind without the straps - and duct tape would work as well, too.

I got this tip from my washer/dryer repairman. He told me to take the lint screen out and take it to the sink. He said to run warm water over it and notice how the water pools on the screen instead of running through. This is caused by the chemicals on the dryer sheets we all use. He told me to squirt some dish soap on it, then take a scrub brush (I found a great one at the dollar store and keep it next to the sink to use for many kitchen duties, including dishes) and scrub the screen on both sides. Then rinse thoroughly and wipe dry.

You can test to see if it's gotten clean by simply running water over it again. The water should run straight through now. This only takes a couple of minutes to do and is so easy. And no cost other than less than a penny's worth of dish soap! He told me to do this every six months but I find if I do it weekly it's much better. But he told me this will not only make my clothes dry faster, thereby lowering my electric bill, but it will also make my dryer last years longer.

So far it's lasted over 13 years with no problems.

Thanks for sharing!