My Dog Will Only Eat Chicken

My dog will only eat chicken. I am looking for other foods to feed her. She is a Westie. Thanks for your help.

By glo from Ansonia, CT

My sister in law started making her own 'dog food' after the recent contamination of some dog foods.

She boils chicken, either whole or parts, or whatever is on sale that week, removing the meat from the bones.

Then she mixes it with cooked rice and mixed vegetables, and vitamins and supplements that are recommended by her vet, and her dogs love it!

They mostly eat chicken, but she will do similar with a beef or pork roast when they are on sale.

I will have to admit, it smells great, and looks good enough to eat!

Maybe you could try something similar, mixing a small amount of a different food in with her chicken, and seeing if you can gradually increase the amount of the new food, and reducing the amount of chicken.

Hope you find something that she will like!

My son and his wife had a Chihuahua, that lived to the age of 20 years, and chicken is all that dog ever ate.

Have you tried canned salmon( (the kind with the boes in it for calcium)? Not too expensive. I mixed it with brown rice for my dog. He lived to be 17 years old.

I feed the same to my dog as fat boy slims mom Chicken, brown rice and a vegetable, usually peas. I mix it up with beef, pork or chicken.

I travel with my Maltese all week long and he too will only eat chicken, the problem is that I'm in hotel rooms and do not have access to a kitchen. I need some suggestions what I can try that he might like he is extremely finicky. HELP

Why not try to get your dog onto a quality lamb and rice kibble? If you cook some chicken and cut it up really fine and mix it in, she will probably end up eating everything. A hard kibble is better for their teeth and lamb and rice is usually safe for westies, who are prone to yeast and allergies. Reduce the amount of chicken as she gets used to the new food. Just make sure you buy a quality food, and not a cheap one with lots of filler.

I would like to suggest a recipe which include nutrition as well as chicken

Step 1: Mash some chicken pieces, bread, some green vegetables and any other nutritious ingredients

Step 2: Take some water in a pan and add all the ingredients in the first step. After half an hour, the ingredients will get mixed. There would be the smell of chicken in the food so your dog will eat it, without any doubt

Pets Dogs Dog Food RecipesAugust 2, 2010
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Chicken Kabobs
Chicken Kabob (Skewer) Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎉
🎄