Cake Doesn't Rise in New Oven

My cake doesn't rise properly. It comes out flat with little bubbles throughout the top. Could it be aluminum pans (tried disposable foil and regular aluminum pan)? Does it make a difference gas vs. electric?

I use the box mix, and never had a problem before we moved. I have a brand new stove, everything else cooks properly. I've tried everything, different brands, even adjusting the temperature up and down. I am ready to give up. Help.

By twilightgift from Forks, WA

Is your new community considered to be at a high altitude? if so, box mixes usually have alternate instructions for baking at high altitude. Since I don't own a gas stove, not sure how much difference it makes except one of the few things I know is that they cook faster and sometimes hotter than electric. Google the maker of your usual cake mix brand and see if they have a website. If so, they can answer any questions. They usually have people just for that. Also try to find a website for your gas stove manufacturer and inquire there as well. Did you get a manual with the stove? There might be a hint in it.

Maybe your new oven needs to be calibrated. Are you sure it is getting hot enough?

Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingOctober 6, 2009
Keeping Your Oven Clean, Young Woman Cleaning her Oven
Keeping Your Oven Clean
Rising Dough
Getting Dough to Rise
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Unseasoned Dutch Oven
Seasoning a Dutch Oven
🎄
🍂