AdviceCrafts

Buying Iridescent Lace

I'm looking to find out where I might be able to find iridescent lace. I have the direction by Debbie on this site for making the ivy bowl centerpieces but I've run into a problem with finding the lace. Can someone help me?

Hi! This is Debbie, and I believe that you might be talking about the "Wedding Centerpiece Ideas" that was posted in July 2005. If so, I am the one who posted the "Ivy Bowl Centerpieces". Actually, I physically measured the lace, and it's 5" wide. I bought the irridescent lace a number of years ago at a Flea Market outside of Ocala, Florida. So, I have no idea where you can find that exact lace now. I did however find some 5" wide lace (although it is not iredescent) that would serve very nicely on E-Bay ~ Item # 8255282946 (lot of 3+ yards) or Item # 8265281687 (lot of 36 feet). There are also other lots being offered that might serve just as well. All I did was search under "Gathered Lace".

I also checked out a few different places on the internet, came across a company called "Lace For Less, Inc. at 1-800-533-LACE), don't know if they would have the 5" irridescent gathered lace or not, but since the call won't cost you anything, you might want to try.

Good luck on your search!

Debbie

There is a wonderful web site with all kinds of sewing needs and beautiful laces. http://www.homesew.com

I've dealt with them for years, and they have quality items at very reasonable prices. Give them a try.

Hi! If you were refering to the "Wedding Centerpiece" make from the "ivy bowls" that printed in Thriftyfun last July, then I was the "Debbie" that posted the craft directions. As far as the irridescent lace, I purchased it a few years ago, at a flea market when I was on vacation near Ocala, FL. Actually, I measured the lace, and it's 5" wide. Anyway, I checked out E-Bay, and found nice lace that would work nicely, although it is not irridescent. E-Bay Item #8265281687, is just one and there are others. I just typed "Gathered Lace" in the "search". Hope this is helpful! Good Luck!