Pickle Juice for Sore Throat

When your kids have a sore throat and they don't want medicine, try having them gargle with pickle juice. They get the salt and vinegar in one go, and the kids usually love pickles.

I thought of this when the kids had sore throats, and they didn't want to gargle the hot/warm salty water that's the old standby. I have 3 kids, now ages 20, 18, and 17. They all loved pickles so it worked like a charm. I poured the juice into a small cup and told them to gargle as they sip on the juice. They usually drank it up any way, so I'd have to hide some for when just such a time came - LOL!

By susanv from Vernon, AL

Here's one more vote for "Doctor Mom!" Only a mom knows what works for her kids, and your solution means fewer antibiotics in your kids' systems. Hope they pass on your home remedy to your grandkids when they come along.

My gramma used to have me drink a little bit of sweet gerkin (sp?) juice for hiccups. It worked every time.

In These Guides
A doctor examining a child with a sore throat.
Sore Throat Remedies
Uses for Pickle Juice
Uses for Pickle Juice
Health & Beauty Home RemediesFebruary 15, 2011
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
hot tea
Remedies for a Burned Throat
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 10:17:20 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.