Removing Silly Putty from Car Upholstery

How do you get Silly Putty out of car upholstery?

By Rhonda L. from Brookhaven, MS

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I'm not sure if this will work, but you can try putting an ice cube on the silly putty and when it freezes, you can try picking it off the fabric.

The other thing I would do would be to go to the silly putty website and ask for their advice.

Good luck.

April 21, 2011 Flag

My grandson went to sleep in the car with his orange silly putty under his leg. How can I get this out of my gray colored seats?

By Debbie from OK

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 2, 2011 Flag

How can I get Silly Putty out of the back seat of my car? It has been there for over a month because I haven't been able to figure out how to get it out.

By mrscrafty from Phoenix, AZ

Answers:

I feel like I've heard that you can rub an ice cube on silly putty to harden it, and scrape most of it off. I don't know what could be done about any residue left behind, though (sorry!). Best of luck, I hope someone has better advice than me! (09/07/2010)

By mrs.story

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning InteriorApril 21, 2011
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty from Carpet
Red plastic egg for Silly Putty. Removing Silly Putty stains from clothing and fabric.
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Clothing and Fabric
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty from Upholstered Furniture
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:50:18 AM on 10.0.2.254 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.