Freeze Excess Veggies To Prevent Spoilage

I became tired of throwing away green and red peppers because they either didn't get used or started to go bad. Now I chop them up or cut into strips and put them in freezer bags to take out anytime I need some. Now I make a habit of bringing home a bag of onions and doing the same with half of them. It also saves time when you have to cook after work!

I've done this for years! Especially in the summer, when you can get bushels of them at farm stands etc. alot cheaper than buying 1 or 2 at a time in the dead of winter. It's a great way to save time cooking. The only draw back is, once frozen, the peppers defrost soggy.

I use my frozen onions and green peppers when I make egg omelettes, Four Bean Salad, or use them in my spaghetti sauce recipe.

I know this is thrifty fun website but sometimes I buy things that I know will make it easier for me in the long run like the frozen pie crust or now the debbie mayer green bags that I just ordered. I got tired of throwing away bad fruit or veggies because I forgot to use them (have a small freezer) so when I get them I will be able to buy the stuff and it will be fresh like when I brought them. Also I check the prices before I ordered them they were in a couple of catalogs but I got the ones from the lakeside because of their good prices and getting the stuff I have dealt with them before for Christmas and I like how it was so easy.

I have done this too and it really is convenient when trying to get a meal on the table. I especially like doing this with onion. I have also bought a bag of frozen diced green pepper and the price was really great and when taking out a little at a time, lasts me quite a while. I am not certain if they might get blanched first before frozen, it's possible. Anyway, with the price of peppers being what it is unless there's a great sale or you grow them, the bag of frozen chopped peppers is very reasonable and convenient.

Fresh vegetables.
Saving Money on Vegetables
Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesFebruary 20, 2008
Craft Supplies
Selling Excess Craft Supplies
Steamed Mixed Vegetables
Making Steamed Mixed Veggies
Storing Pineapples, Canning Pineapples. Sliced fresh mini pineapple.
Freezing Pineapple
Storing Mayonnaise
Storing Mayonnaise