Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Sofa Color For Green Living Room

What color sofas should I put in my living room which has light green walls and the curtains have dark green pelmets?

Chipmunk

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By bushra [1]09/28/2008

Guys you have been a great help thanks! What I have chosen is a base of cherry brown with printed (a mix of green, brown, white and beige) seats. The cushions on the back are a mixture of the seat colors and contrasting stripes like red, dark browns and dark greens. I'll post a picture once I get it delivered. Thanks a bunch!

By L Jones (Guest Post)09/27/2008

I definitely would not use another neutral color in the room. It sounds like you could use a "pop" of color. How about a cinnabar (in between red and orange" it also is neutral enough that if you do decide to change curtains or wall color again, you could then paint your walls a tan or taupe.

By tahlula [4]09/27/2008

Very saturated eggplant or deep chocolate brown.

By LEONA LABINE [40]09/26/2008

I'd go for the tans, so if you want to change the paint color down the road, your sofa will match pretty well any color

By cubfur (Guest Post)09/26/2008

I have green walls and i bought a light brown chaise lounge and my couch is brown and tan. Also have brown rugs. I can post pic. it's golf theme room so it works well

By (Guest Post)09/24/2008

Why not dark green? Or even some dark green print...leaves or something? Sounds kinda cool to me, though I am no interior decorator. : )

By Carol Young [79]09/24/2008

I think a deep taupe would be gorgeous!

Carol

By Anna (Guest Post)09/24/2008

Definitely beige or light brown!

By joan pecsek [88]09/24/2008

Off-white, beige or a brown tweed would work well with your colors.

By Lisa [2]09/24/2008

Take a look at a color wheel and let your imagination run wild! You could do the opposite of green and have colors in the red/violet red family, or next to green you could venture into yellows and oranges on one side, or blues and blue violets on the other. Or, pick any print that includes the colors already present and that will work fine as well. Finally there is always the "safe" route including beige and brown.

I look at furniture this way: it's a lot easier and less expensive to change the color of my walls or accessories than it is a large piece of furniture.

Here is a color wheel to get you started, have fun!

http://www.realcolorwheel.com/colorwheel/Real_Color_Wheel_475.jpg