Sofa Color For Green Living Room

What color sofas should I put in my living room which has light green walls and the curtains have dark green pelmets?

Chipmunk

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Take a look at a color wheel and let your imagination run wild! You could do the opposite of green and have colors in the red/violet red family, or next to green you could venture into yellows and oranges on one side, or blues and blue violets on the other. Or, pick any print that includes the colors already present and that will work fine as well. Finally there is always the "safe" route including beige and brown.

I look at furniture this way: it's a lot easier and less expensive to change the color of my walls or accessories than it is a large piece of furniture.

Here is a color wheel to get you started, have fun!

http://www.realcolorwheel.com/colorwheel/Real_Color_Wheel_475.jpg

Off-white, beige or a brown tweed would work well with your colors.

Definitely beige or light brown!

I think a deep taupe would be gorgeous!

Carol

Why not dark green? Or even some dark green print...leaves or something? Sounds kinda cool to me, though I am no interior decorator. : )

I have green walls and i bought a light brown chaise lounge and my couch is brown and tan. Also have brown rugs. I can post pic. it's golf theme room so it works well

I'd go for the tans, so if you want to change the paint color down the road, your sofa will match pretty well any color

Very saturated eggplant or deep chocolate brown.

I definitely would not use another neutral color in the room. It sounds like you could use a "pop" of color. How about a cinnabar (in between red and orange" it also is neutral enough that if you do decide to change curtains or wall color again, you could then paint your walls a tan or taupe.

Guys you have been a great help thanks! What I have chosen is a base of cherry brown with printed (a mix of green, brown, white and beige) seats. The cushions on the back are a mixture of the seat colors and contrasting stripes like red, dark browns and dark greens. I'll post a picture once I get it delivered. Thanks a bunch!

Answer

brightly colored confetti look sofa
Sofa Color Advice
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Room Color SchemesSeptember 24, 2008
Living Room Colors
Living Room Color Scheme Advice
Furniture in a Living Room
Arranging Furniture in a Living Room
Nicely decorated living room.
Living Room Wall Paint Color Advice
Living Room 2 Different Colors
Painting a Living Room 2 Different Colors
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 11:43:39 PM on 10.0.2.249 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.