Sofa Color For Green Living Room

What color sofas should I put in my living room which has light green walls and the curtains have dark green pelmets?

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Lisa 2 131 09/24/2008

Take a look at a color wheel and let your imagination run wild! You could do the opposite of green and have colors in the red/violet red family, or next to green you could venture into yellows and oranges on one side, or blues and blue violets on the other. Or, pick any print that includes the colors already present and that will work fine as well. Finally there is always the "safe" route including beige and brown.

I look at furniture this way: it's a lot easier and less expensive to change the color of my walls or accessories than it is a large piece of furniture.

Here is a color wheel to get you started, have fun!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By joan pecsek 88 545 09/24/2008

Off-white, beige or a brown tweed would work well with your colors.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Anna (Guest Post) 09/24/2008

Definitely beige or light brown!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Carol Young 89 39 09/24/2008

I think a deep taupe would be gorgeous!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By (Guest Post) 09/24/2008

Why not dark green? Or even some dark green print...leaves or something? Sounds kinda cool to me, though I am no interior decorator. : )

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By cubfur (Guest Post) 09/26/2008

I have green walls and i bought a light brown chaise lounge and my couch is brown and tan. Also have brown rugs. I can post pic. it's golf theme room so it works well

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By LEONA LABINE 46 398 09/26/2008

I'd go for the tans, so if you want to change the paint color down the road, your sofa will match pretty well any color

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By tahlula 4 203 09/27/2008

Very saturated eggplant or deep chocolate brown.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By L Jones (Guest Post) 09/27/2008

I definitely would not use another neutral color in the room. It sounds like you could use a "pop" of color. How about a cinnabar (in between red and orange" it also is neutral enough that if you do decide to change curtains or wall color again, you could then paint your walls a tan or taupe.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By bushra 1 1 09/28/2008

Guys you have been a great help thanks! What I have chosen is a base of cherry brown with printed (a mix of green, brown, white and beige) seats. The cushions on the back are a mixture of the seat colors and contrasting stripes like red, dark browns and dark greens. I'll post a picture once I get it delivered. Thanks a bunch!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No