Dyeing Blue Jeans

Has anyone found a way to successfully dye bluejeans in an area that was purposefully bleached or faded by the manufacturer? I found a great pair of Apple Bottoms jeans at my local Goodwill, but the front of the legs have a wide band of material that was either bleached or faded by the company. I'd like to soften the effect if possible. Any help out there?

By MT from Tampa, FL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I was wondering if anyone has ever re-dyed blue jeans. I really dislike light blue jeans and was wondering if I could get some dark blue/indigo colored dye and use it.

Madison

You can try dyeing the jeans, but I doubt if they will turn out one even color. I'd try navy blue or black. Anything would be an improvement.

Maybe consider bleaching the whole pair of jeans? That might make the faded area less noticeable.

You should use a fabric lightener, which will make the entire garment that bleached color. Then, you can use blue or black fabric dye to overdye them the color that you want.

Answer

Pair of faded blue jeans hanging in front of door
Dyeing Blue Jeans
Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceJune 13, 2010
Blue Jeans
Keeping Blue Jeans Looking Like New
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Blue Jeans Quilt Ideas
Blue Jeans Quilt Ideas
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 1:14:24 AM on 10.0.2.101 in 826 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.