Church Harvest Tea

We are planning a harvest tea for our church. What type of food would you suggest we serve?

Atlenia from Mobile, AL

We had a get-together somewhat like this many years back. One of the items I remember serving was those wonderful croissants they bake at Costco. We cut them in half.

At traditional English Teas they always serve "clotted cream" with some kind of biscuit. Of course they always serve those fancy little sandwiches without their crust. I've seen the sandwiches cut with cookie cutters into fancy shapes. It would be especially nice if several of the ladies from the church would bake several different batch's of fresh homemade cookies in tiny little bite sizes instead of the larger size they'd usually make. But to give this tea a "Harvest" theme, the treats could include pumpkin & other harvest goodies.

---> But what I believe will give this tea a "Harvest" theme will be the way you decorate. For example, you could make a wonderful centerpiece that has colored dried corn cobs, tiny pumpkins & other gourds with long pieces of wheat & dried grasses along with harvest colored daisy's & other flowers It would also be fun to include colored raffia to wrap around the napkins & the chair backs. Natural or colored raffia always gives the look of "Autumn" or a "Harvest" look to any decor. You can braid it, twist it & hang small items from it. I buy mine at "Dollar Tree" or any craft store. Another important thing will be the colors you use when choosing your napkins, plates & cups (be they paper, plastic or glass) Try to stick with "Harvest" colors like Pumpkin, mustard, olive, brown or wheat & golden hues. Also, don't forget you can always use bales of hay for seating or serving on. Just cover several bales with an orange & olive colored table cloth or piece of fabric. This fabric could be solid, plain or have wonderful fall leaves on it. I've always been partial to using real or fake autumn leaves along the tables & in my harvest decorations.

I googled for several Harvest Party ideas & the idea below on this web site:

http://www.seedsofknowledge.com/harvest-tea.html

They have some really great harvest tea recipes for food, tea & drinks too!

"Ask your guests to bring flowers from their garden that you can place in vases on the tables along with your own. Also ask that they bring any surplus produce they may have, and leftover seeds. Set up a table for the items they bring. Also ask that each guest bring their items in a wicker basket. This way at the end of the tea, everyone can exchange produce, herbs, flowers and seeds, taking them home in their own basket."

For ordering traditional British Tea treats, Here's a URL:

http://www.britishfoodshop.com/

About TRADITIONAL "TEAS":

http://interiordec.about.com/od/tabletoparticles3/a/teapartytables.htm

I would bring the Waldorf salad, with chopped apples and celery and walnuts. A sweet creamy dressing, maybe raisins, cinnamon, done.

Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. My name is Frankie R. from Pittsburg, California.

Harvest is a wonderful time of the year. You can have finger foods such as wings, small corn on the cob, dinner rolls, square shaped or triangle shape sandwiches, meat tray, vegetable tray with ranch dressing, cheese cubes, and for beverages you can have bottled water, hot or cold tea or punch. I hope this helps. God bless you. You can contact me at NoniOneStopToTheTop AT yahoo.com

It depends on what kind of a tea you're having. Afternoon tea is the fancy one with the miniature cakes, crustless finger sandwiches, decorative biscuits (cookies), petit fours, and the other small, fancy foods in pretty little serving things, sugar tongs, silver tea service, and so on. High tea is the full evening meal which is eaten by the middle and lower classes, on regular dishes. Either way, though, the "harvest" theme will come mostly from decorations, and only a little bit from the foods you serve. Go to the grocery stores or local farmers' markets and figure out what's in season, then make the menu around the selection.

The third Sunday in October we are having our church annually harvest tea as a fund raising leading up to

our women day program the first Sunday in November. I need help with a theme fund raising and food to serve can you help me 662-229-4116 is my telephone number.

Church Tea
Church Harvest Tea Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties ChurchOctober 9, 2008
A girl at a harvest festival having her face painted.
Harvest Festival Ideas
Church Decorated for Wedding
Decorating a Church for a Wedding
Purple Rainbow Tea
Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas
🎄
🍂