Brownies In Cupcake Liners for Shipping Overseas

Recently someone posted a tip about making brownies in cupcake liners. Several weeks ago, when I asked my son who is posted in the middle east what he would like for his mid January birthday, he answered that he wanted dozens and dozens of brownies. Enough for all his buddies and for all the locals that they are working with. After looking up the desert friendly, culturally permissible recipe for brownies, I had decided to bake them in individual cupcake wrappers and ship each "cupbrownie" in it's own plastic baggie. That not only made them easy to hand out, but also made it easier to keep them clean of the constantly blowing sand and dust. My son was extremely happy with the results and says that all his friends were as well. I can recommend this method for shipment to the troops.

By Jeanne from South Daytona , FL

What a lovely boy he must be to ask for enough to go round his friends AND the locals. Bless his dear heart, I'm glad he enjoyed his birthday.

I have volunteered to contribute refreshments at an AARP meeting in May. Your idea to bake brownies in cupcake liners is great for my purpose. How long did you bake them & at what temp? Anita from Montclair, NJ

"desert friendly, culturally permissible recipe for brownies"

Could you share where you found this recipe?

I wanted to ask what mom22dds asked - where that recipe is because my son told me yesterday they might actually be deployed after they are done at 29 Palms.

Speaking of which,he called the 2nd time yesterday to tell me it was RAINING there - so he was all overjoyed!

(it's those simple things sometimes ya know !;))

also, I agree with LyndaFinn who said "What a lovely boy he must be to ask for enough to go round his friends AND the locals. Bless his dear heart, I'm glad he enjoyed his birthday. "

I'm glad he enjoyed the birthday,the cupbrownies & is so nice to share (too!)!

thanks for the tip!

Toll House modified this : to meet the specs :: http://www.cook … afe_recipes.html

Thanks melody_yesterday for posting this info. I guess I should have done a Google search, but I was wanting to use a recipe that someone reports success with first=-)

Also the Nestle's website has the info. on one pg.

http://www.very … rams/troops.aspx

Thanks to everyone who shares and makes life easier=-)