Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Homemade Creamy Bath and Body Wash

This is something I came up with a few weeks ago and I love it! Very frugal, costs about 25 cents to make and it goes a long way. Great for large families who go through too much shower gel.

• 500ml empty squeeze bottle (I used the dishwashing liquid one and took off the label)

• 1/2 cup organic dishwashing liquid (I used a grapefruit bergamot essential oil one) - use one that biodegrades within 30 days.

• 1 Tbsp. vegetable glycerin

• 2 Tbsp. unscented lotion (the runnier the better, don't use thick cream) - if you have scented, that's ok, too if that's the smell you want)

• water (I used filtered water)

• Idea - I am going to try adding some honey or agave instead of the lotion next time just to see if that will be a good option as well. Would be nice to have different combinations!

If you are using everything unscented in your recipe, feel free to add a few drops of your favourite essential oil to it or keep it unscented if you prefer.

Pour the soap, lotion, glycerin and dish liquid in the bottle then top off with water. Close and shake slowly to mix. I like to leave a little room at the top so the liquid can mix. Squeeze a little onto a bath "pouf" and wash! This tends to make a nice bubble bath too.

I will be making this for visiting backpackers through couch surfing.org for the bathroom downstairs. This is great if you have a lot of people using the shower and you're going through shower gel like crazy. These days you can get all kinds of yummy scented dish liquid. I have a nice organic ylang ylang and grapefruit one that I found on sale for $1. Unscented lotion can be found at dollar stores. Even if you use a higher end one, making this will still be less expensive anyway.

Happy Shower!

Source: Taken from a post on my blog that I wrote: http://thefrugalvegan.wordpress.com

By freya1970 from Halifax, NS

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

09/17/2012

Just curious what brands you used?

By Gailya Illsley [7]03/27/2010

I love the idea!

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.