Homemade Creamy Bath and Body Wash

This is something I came up with a few weeks ago and I love it! Very frugal, costs about 25 cents to make and it goes a long way. Great for large families who go through too much shower gel.

If you are using everything unscented in your recipe, feel free to add a few drops of your favourite essential oil to it or keep it unscented if you prefer.

Pour the soap, lotion, glycerin and dish liquid in the bottle then top off with water. Close and shake slowly to mix. I like to leave a little room at the top so the liquid can mix. Squeeze a little onto a bath "pouf" and wash! This tends to make a nice bubble bath too.

I will be making this for visiting backpackers through couch surfing.org for the bathroom downstairs. This is great if you have a lot of people using the shower and you're going through shower gel like crazy. These days you can get all kinds of yummy scented dish liquid. I have a nice organic ylang ylang and grapefruit one that I found on sale for $1. Unscented lotion can be found at dollar stores. Even if you use a higher end one, making this will still be less expensive anyway.

Happy Shower!

Source: Taken from a post on my blog that I wrote: http://thefrugalvegan.wordpress.com

By freya1970 from Halifax, NS

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I love the idea!

Just curious what brands you used?

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Homemade Body Wash in a Bottle
Homemade Body Wash Recipes
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes BathMarch 25, 2010
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Organizing Bath Toys
Organizing Bath Toys
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
Homemade Bath Salts
Homemade Bath Salts Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 13, 2016 at 11:25:05 AM on 10.0.2.217 in 909 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.