GardenPhotos

Purple Clematis

This flower is a Clematis. We planted four last Spring so it will climb each corner of the arch that it is planted around. All four are different colors. I can't wait until they are all in bloom and meet at the top. This is our first bloom on this side. I wish to share it's beauty with everyone.

By Connie from Smithville,TN

Purple Clematis

WE HAVE A DARK PURPLE CLEMATIS. ITS TRELLISED UP TO OUR BACK DECK. NOT ONLY DOES IT ATTRACK HUMMINGBIRDS IN ILLINOIS BUT WE HAVE HAD A WIDE VARIETY OF BIRDS ( CARDINALS,WRENS,FINCHES AND THIS SPRING ROBINS) NESTING IN IT BECAUSE IT IS A "SAFE " PLACE. I AM ALWAYS THRILLED TO GO AND SEE THE WONDERS OF LIFE AND ALL I HAVE TO DO IS TO STEP OUT ONTO MY DECK AND LOOK INTO MY CLEMATIS.BE WARNED. IF THE CLEMATIS IS NOT KEPT IN CHECK IT COULD SPREAD LIKE WILDFIRE. I PRUNE MY DOWN EVERY 2 YEARS TO ABOUT 4 INCHES ABOVE THE GROUND IN NOVEMBER AND BY MARCH/APRIL ITS READY FOR BLOOMING AGAIN.

Oh please tell me where you found this beautiful purple clematis... I live in Okla. & haven't been able to find one anywhere! Thnx!

HI

Your Clematis is beautiful. I also have several in different colors. I have white, blue, pink and two different colors of purple. I also have a Robbin that likes to next in mine. am hoping I will have on nest there this year.