How Do I Spice Up a Mushroom Meatball Recipe?

I need some help with spices. In this mushroom meatball recipe, the gravy is great, and the meatballs are good, but kind of bland. I don't want them to be spicy as in hot, just more flavorful. What herbs/spices would you add to the meatballs? I will probably try any and all suggestions since I make this a lot. Exact measurements would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Here is the recipe:

Mushroom Meatballs

• 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 finely chopped onion
  • 1/4 lb. saltine crackers, crushed (not fine)
  • 1 can cream mushroom soup
  • 1/2 soup can water
  • 1/2 soup can milk

Mix all but soup, milk, and water. Shape into meatballs, place in single layer in sprayed 9 X 13 inch pan. Stir soup, milk, and water together until smooth. Pour over meatballs, cover tightly and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Serve gravy over rice or mashed potatoes.
NOTE: For more gravy, use 2 cans of soup, 1 soup can each of milk and water.

By Fortunately from IL

Some spices you can use for the meatballs, but not necessarily together. A little experimenting would do nicely.

Allspice, Basil, Marjoram, Paprika(tends to be a little hot if too much is used), Oregano, Italian spice mix. Diced garlic, Worchester sauce and ketchup are also a great add in for meatballs. If using ketchup cut the amount of liquid by however much ketchup you add.

Sometime I use thyme or poultry seasoning. They both go well with meatballs and mushroom soup and add a lot of flavor.

One of my favorites is Summer Savory - a herb that adds great flavor to many recipes. It's hard to find in stores, so you can order it from Penzey's. Use about one-half teaspoon for 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of meat. I like to break it down a little further than it is when you get it, by pressing and rubbing with the back of a spoon, especially the larger pieces (stems). Summer savory gives things a wonderful flavor and goes really well with chicken.

Meatballs in tomato sauce.
Recipes for Meatballs
Food and Recipes Recipes SpicesOctober 24, 2010
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Meatballs with bell peppers and mushrooms.
Pepper Steak Meatball Recipes
Spice rack with magnetic canisters.
Other Uses for Spice Racks
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions
🎉
🎄