Scenery: Mt. Rushmore (South Dakota)

I have been wanting to see Mt. Rushmore for several years. We finally got there this year and it was rainy and foggy. The fog lifted for about five minutes when my daughter snapped this photo.

I really like it because it's a view you don't normally see of the Presidents of Mt. Rushmore. If you go to the on-site museum you will read that Mr. Borglum (the head sculptor) spent a lot of time planning the heads so that they would be interesting in all types of weather and lighting. Mt. Rushmore and flags

Source: My daughter's photo; my camera

By skeesics56 from NW Ohio

I'm glad you came to our beautiful state to see this impressive monument! One of the things that I hear most often from visitors is how they think that Mt Rushmore was bigger. Or that you could get closer. I suppose it doesn't occur to some that it's on the side of a mountain! It's still impressive nonetheless!

Mt Rushmore
Mt. Rushmore National Memorial Photos and Information
Photos SceneryJuly 4, 2009
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
North Dakota Christmas Charities
Jamaica Beach
Jamaica Travel Tips - Frugal Travel Guide
South Carolina Christmas Charities
South Dakota Christmas Charities