Kitchen Paint Color Advice - Knotty Pine

I need to paint my kitchen. Right now I have an eating area paneled in beautiful dark knotty pine (which I don't want to paint over or remove). I have a white linoleum floor, painted white cabinets (which I would love to paint a different color), white appliances (which will stay white) and the kicker--- pale green marbleized plastic tiles (4x4) going up 3/4 of the walls with 2 rows of burgundy colored trim plastic tiles. These were put in before we moved in. I think in the 50s or 60s. (the house was built in 1942).

The little wall I have to paint is now light yellow, the ceiling is white, and the counters are a "butcher block" formica. I was thinking of painting the cabinets creamy tan and the walls a burgundy (?!) I really don't want to remove the tiles (very time consuming and the adhesive is hard as a rock) or paint them (they scratch easily and it might look weird). The kitchen area is approx. 9x11 and the eating area is 10x11. I guess I'm going for a warmer scheme to work with the pine. I'm open to any suggestions! Thanks.

Jeri from Omaha, NE

Jeri- you have the hottest color palette around! honey tones and burgundy - colors like foxy and flowerpot are more earthy colors in a kitchen. Dried Thyme - look for colors and a style to inspire you. Why not paint the cabinets a red tone and antique them or sand off some paint and give them an old red barn look ?? You can paint tiles as long as you use a good primer like Zinner 1,2,3 and use a gloss paint to look like tile, then seal them to protect them. A picture might help!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceMarch 13, 2007
Pine needle bunches tied with fabric.
Crafts Using Pine Needles
Pine Cones
Getting Seeds From Pine Cones
A pile of shelled pine nuts
Recipes Using Pine Nuts
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants