Donate Your Crafting Supplies in Your Will

I am a big-time crafter with yarns. I do crochet, knit, and plastic canvas, and some latch hook. Basically if it has to do with yarn I do it. Which means I always have a huge amount of yarn here, and I also have well over 100 pattern books and pattern leaflets too.

I have put it in my will that all of my crafting materials are to go to an adult care center or a nursing home. Whichever one that will take it. I didn't specify a particular place because their situation may change and they may not be able to take it.

But this way I know that all my years worth of collecting this stuff won't go to waste when I die. And since I don't have any family to leave it to, I know that someone will get it and appreciate it.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

This made me laugh in a good way. My mom and I both are big crafters. She tells me every time we are together doing some sort of craft that she is leaving all her supplies to me in her will. Hey atl east I know I am getting something, LOL!

When I pass on to that great crafting room in the sky, I've already designated that all of my fabric & yarn will go to a local senior center & all my other fun crafting supplies are willed to local elementary school teachers. Our School teachers are severely limited on art supplies & have to purchase them with their own money. After school programs can use them too. If it wasn't for learning at school (in home etc.) I would never have learned to crochet or sew (my mom didn't know how). I wish that kids these days learned these basic homemaking necessities in school.

That's a great idea! A few years back when I learned to crochet I was always looking for yarn. I found an ad on Craigslist for a bunch of yarn, I contacted the person and found out it was a gentleman that lost his wife. He said a few bags of yarn. What I got was something like 6 huge trashbags full of yarn, some in progress blankets, books, hooks and knitting supplies! I went through it all and donated a bunch to my daughter's school (her Kinder teacher still uses it, and she just finished 3rd grade!), I used a HUGE amount for a ministry I was involved in for a while, making pocket prayer cloths for military and then donated the rest to the local Pres. church as they did a ministry too. I still have a few skeins! Give the gift! Thanks!

I have 5 knitting machines and a yarn stash and lots of knitting books and patterns. Believe it or not but my 12 year old Grandson has asked me to leave my knitting stuff to him. He just loves to knit on my machines. My Granddaughter just wants my rings.

Another group to leave your craft supplies to is your local Girl Scout troop.

This was the one thing that bothered my grandmother the most. What would happen to all of her sewing and crafting stash. I assured her that when the time came, I'd come and take everything crafty of hers and make good use of it. I was the only one of 4 grand-daughters that took the time to actually learn her crafts. She would always say, "Marie and Shirley (daughters) will come in here and throw all of my stuff away because they won't know what to do with it. You are the only one that knows." She was right! lol I rescued all of her crafty things and put them all to use at various times. She was a great teacher and is very missed now.

sewing and yarn supplies
Donating Craft Supplies
Better Living Charity AdviceJune 10, 2009
Girl Playing with Homemade Playdough
Saving Money On Crafts
Buying Craft Supplies
Purchasing Wholesale Craft Supplies
Fabric
Donating Fabric to Charity
Colorful yarn on a shelf.
Finding Free Craft Supplies for Charity Projects
🎉
🎄