Break Up Dogs With Noise

To break up dog fights, especially at a dog park where you may not have water available to squirt, vigorously shake a can filled with rocks so you can make a lot of noise. This scares and distracts the dogs enough to run in separate directions. Banging two metal feeding bowls together has the same effect.

By Karin from Fresno, CA

This also works for the yapping smaller dogs. I have a Chihuahua that barks at nothing. When she seems like she will never stop I rattle a popcan with a few pennies in it.

Sometimes it will take a few rattles but it is funny to see her grumble under her breathe when she knows I have the can and she really wants to bark - even to warn me the leaves are blowing in the breeze.

Magic.

I also used the rocks in a can to train my dogs to adapt to living with kittens. We were trying to get everyone use to each other when the kittens first came. Then someone told me that rattling rocks in a can when the dog goes for the cat, and the dog associates the sound with a respect for the fellow animal. It doesn't take long until you don't have to get the can anymore. I just left it close by, but, it did go out of use once everyone got use to each other.

An aggressive dog.
Breaking Up a Dog Fight
Pets Dogs AdviceOctober 15, 2007
An African Grey screeching.
How to Quiet a Pet Bird
clothes in washer spinning
Washer Making Noise During Spin Cycle
Front Load Washer
Front Load Washer Makes Noise During Final Rinse Cycle
🎉
🎄