AC Advice for Empty Second Floor

I have two AC units. One downstairs and one upstairs. No one lives upstairs at my house. I need advice on what temperature to program upstairs to help save on my electricity bill. Any advice to share?

Sheila from Cypress, TX

We just bought a two story house that we are restoring. We have closed off the upstairs (luckily a door actually closes off the stairs), I would recommend that if no one used the upstairs, why cool it off if you don't have too.

I read that bubble wrap will insulate against the cold - I'm not sure but wouldn't using it to keep cold air in be about the same thing ?

on the link below click on "1001 uses" & it's use#26

http://www.bubblewrapfun.com ,

http://www.rd.com/content/extraordi ... /extraordinary-uses-for-bubble-pack/

I would leave the door open, let the heat go upstairs and use the upstairs AC the most, turn down or seldom use the downstairs AC and that way you will have the best cooling downstairs for the cheapest cost. I lived in a house like that, it was easy to cool this way.

Our home is like this too. I've found that if we keep the upstairs door open and the air rushes up the stairwell, it makes our downstairs furnace work twice as hard--it isn't the proper size to heat/cool such a large area. If you are not using the upstairs, turn off the AC and seal the door. But in winter, use the furnace if you have an upstairs bath and it freezes outside, so your pipes won't burst--unless there is a way to drain them.

Home and Garden Home Improvement CoolingJuly 15, 2007
Kitchen with tile.
Kitchen Floor Tile Color Advice
sweeping a floor
Floor Sweeping Tips
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
🎉
🎄