Recycle Milk Jugs As Garbage Bins

I reuse milk containers as garbage bins all over the house. Carefully cut top of milk carton leaving handle intact. Now you can use the handle to attach it to the door knob or any other hook you have around. This works great for food scraps or lint from the dryer!

By Denise from Mcrae, GA

Yes, I like to re-use plastic milk jugs myself. I keep a couple in the pantry for the kid's suckers/candy and little snacks. Very easy to pull off a shelf by he handle. I also keep one next to the sink for small trash and little messy scraps. Oh and also keep one full of plastic grocery bags in the mini-van...you'd be surprised how often those bags come in handy!

Oh....and I hadn't thought of using one in my laundry room for the dryer lint....thanks for the tip!

Debbie

I use them to dispose of used cooking oil so I dont have to pour it down the drain.

Use them while you are picking up pecans in the fall. Holds a lot of pecans and the handle is very handy.