Leftover Candy Cane Recipes

Does anyone know any good/easy recipes to use up a few boxes of leftover candy canes? I would like to be able to possibly melt them into something because they are still tasty, but sticky too! Most recipes call for them to be broken on the top, but I have too many to do that or I could supply a bakery!

By Marilyn from Winter Garden, FL

You can break them up and mix them with melted brown or white chocolate for peppermint bark. You can break them up and mix them into hot cocoa mix for minty cocoa, or into powdered coffee creamer for a sweet treat. If they're individually wrapped, you can make really cute candle holders and other crafts:

http://www.allf  ndy-cane-crafts/

I just re-looked at that site, not as many crafts as I thought; but a few to get you started. You could also call the local girl scouts and offer them for crafts, etc.

Break the candy canes into small pieces and stir into vanilla ice cream. If you have an ice cream maker then all the better. My family loves this because it's so refreshing and cleanses the pallet after dinner. Enjoy!

Thank you to everyone who gave me several ideas to use up those candy canes. Must have had a brain fog not remembering that any girl scout troop could probably use a great deal of them! Thanks again. M

Crush them up and spinkle them on top of a frosted sugar cookie. Yum! My husband loves to put them into his hot chocolate (whole or crushed). Have fun!

Can make peppermint popcorn. I tried it and it isn't too bad. Make a big bowl of popcorn and take out the unpoped kernels. Crush sticks in blender, dump on popcorn and mix. Melt 1 package almond bark and pour on popcorn and mix well. Put on cookie sheet and let cool. Bread in pieces and enjoy. Can make it light or put a lot of bark and peppermint on to your taste.

Anonymous

you can melt it in the oven and then roll it up and make a gaint candy cane out of it