Water Repellent for Clothing

In the 80's, a co-worker of mine sold some type of water and stain repellent for clothes, shoes, etc. I thought it was an amway product but I cannot seem to find it anywhere. It was such a great product, as our uniforms were always clean and never had stains on them. Water literally rolled off our shoes. I cannot think of the company. The can was white and black I believe. Does anyone know what I am trying to find? Thank you for any help.

Yankgirl from Cape Coral, FL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I have used scotchguard on kids clothes to repel water. At daycare my son's mittens didn't soak though with the scotchguard.

The product was removed from the market because it was toxic and hazardous to the health of humans.

You can buy a spray can of waterproofing at Wal-mart. I found it in the sports/camping department. I'm not sure if you can use it on clothes.

Answer

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceOctober 2, 2008
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Ant Repellent
Ant Repellent Reviews
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2016 at 3:49:32 PM on 10.0.1.216 in 773 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.