Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Cellulitis Is Causing My Skin to Peel

Has anyone on here ever had cellulitis and then when it started clearing up your skin peeled? I have lymphodema in my legs and got cellulitis a few months ago. It spread over both legs, my upper arms and one inner thigh. When I got through with my antibiotics my skin started peeling badly. That took a few weeks to stop.

Now I am getting cellulitis again and guess I am going to have to get back on antibiotics. Has anyone else ever been throughy this and know what I can do to stop the cellulitis and the peeling? Thanks for any help you can give me.

By micksgirl from Paducah, KY

By christi [66]06/15/2009

I guess that's what happened! Thanks

By Cheryl Olsen [1]06/14/2009

Have had cellulitis numerous times on my leg and ankle, caused by bacteria entering via break in skin from psorriasis. 7-10 days in hospital on iv antibiotics several times. Dermatologist had hospital get me Lubriderm cream and applied it twice a day. The celluitis burns your skin and it will stay red forever, but the cream kept it from peeling for me.

By christi [66]06/12/2009

Thanks for everyones advice and I will be following up on this. I really dont want to be on antibiotics for the rest of my life.

By christine M. Thayer [2]06/12/2009

I was going to say it sounds like an immune system problem, and repeated antibiotics just help underlying issues to keep attacking. You might try white vinegar spread & rubbed into the infected area. Candida often surrounds staff infections, causing them to be hard to control. Killing the candida with vinegar on the skin & acidifying your stomach will help. Antibiotics only help candida to prosper, so it's a vicious circle, & it can take more & stronger antibiotics to control infections as time goes on. Check out candida symptoms & c if anything sounds like any thing you've suffered from. The thing with candida is, it keeps popping up in various ways & health issues.

By Anonymous [848]06/12/2009

Just happened to have my last series of antibiodics yesterday for cellulitis in my foot and ankle caused by four spider bites and happened because my immune system has been compromised since recent diagnosis of Acute Bronchitis and borderline stage 2/3 Emphysema :-( I didn't get the peeling skin like you did but it sure has itched :-(

From what I found out, cellulitis is a staph infection and once you get it, you are susceptible to get it for the rest of your life. It remains in and compromises your immune system.

The best way to help make sure it does not recur is to be clean, clean, clean! Wash your hands often, use sanitary wipes on any public door knob, grocery cart, etc. If you get a bug bite or even a scatch, wash, sanitize and apply antibiodic oinment immediately!

At the first sign of possible recurrance of cellulits don't walk but run to your doctor or nearest emergency room. Cellulitis/staph is life threatening!

By Mista [1]06/12/2009

Bromelain helps bruises and injuries heal an average of three times faster and helps athletes regain peak form much more quickly. Bromelain is also a strong binder and increases the absorption of supplements and medicines up to three times or more of the amount that the body would normally absorb.

In addition, bromelain helps heal or lessen:

* Angina

* Arthritis

* Athletic and Musculoskeletal Injuries

* Bacteria Infections

* Bronchitis

* Cancer and Tumors

* CELLULITIS

* Cutaneous Staphylococcus Infection

* Debridement of Burns

* Dysmenorrhea

* Edema

* Inflammation

* Maldisgestion

* Pancreatic Insufficiency and Steatorrhea

* Platelet Aggregations

* Pneumonia

* Rectal abscesses

* Sinusitis

* Surgical Trauma

* Thrombophlebitis

Since I have always been one to take a healthy amount of vitamins, minerals, and other healthy supplements, I was extremely interested to see if Bromelain would help with the absorption. All I had to do was take a look at the bright fluorescent colored urine to know that much of what I take is passing through the body without being absorbed. So, I started taking a couple of 500 mg capsules of Bromelain daily. Lo and behold, the color of my urine was much lighter. And I felt more energetic too. I have no doubt it was the bromelain, a favorite supplement which I continue to take daily.

For an even better idea of what bromelain does and how it does it, I would like to point the reader to the following study (although a bit technical, it should give you an even better idea of how amazing bromelain is and the accuracy of what I have reported):

Bromelain: A Literature Review and Discussion of its Therapeutic Applications by Gregory S. Kelly, N.D.

You can find this study online in .pdf format at (http://www.thorne.com/media/bromela...) or in regular text at (http://www.tbyil.com/bromelain2.htm) .

PS: Store lotions etc. are loaded w/chemicals & may not have a good effect for you vs another, plus it's simply just bad for your blood. What goes on the skin goes directly into your bloodstream, think about that. Avoid antibiotics, this is your bodies job.

By Jaynee Morgan [1]06/12/2009

You are very much welcome! Please let me know how it works for you!

By christi [66]06/11/2009

Thanks so much butterflytouch, I will get some tomorrow.

By Jaynee Morgan [1]06/11/2009

I had Cellulitis is Febuary and a sweet nurse told me to try Corn Huskers Lotion on my leg. I did and it helped so much. You might try it and see if it works for you too. I got the lotion at Wal-Marts but I am sure you can find it at other stores too. I tried so many things but this is what worked the best. It has made my hands smooth too. Good luck!