Don't Throw Your Clothes Away Until...

I'm very much a believer in recycling. Most of my clothing comes from thrift shops in the first place, then I regularly pass them on to the Diabetes clothing crew for further recycling.

However, at the moment I'm at the stage that even thrift shop buying is out for me. So for now I'm making do with what I have.

Recently I was sorting through clothing intending to put it aside for the clothing crew to pick up and decided that okay, maybe some of these things weren't in the first flush of youth, but surely I could get one more season out of them. Khaki pants that are a bit on the baggy side for me, a shirt that is 5 years old, but still in good condition and so on.

So my thoughts are give generously when you can, but think as well whether you can make do a little longer with what you have before purchasing new stuff (even from the thrift shops!)

By Elliecat from Melbourne, Australia

I do the same thing. Money is tight, but I'm not much of a shopper to start with. I seem to always say, "it's good enough for around the house", or "I can get another year out of this." Even when I do go through my things I don't want to wear anymore, I first keep what I can alter to make something else out of, the ones that have good fabric for a quilt, the the ones that are good for making rag rugs, then the ones that I want to make rags for cleaning, etc.

Money is not tight for us but I am the type of person who likes to get the good out of things. Also, I find that my older broken-in, comfy clothes are my favorites anyway. Hey, as long as they still fit and are in decent shape, then I keep and keep wearing!

AND YOU CAN ALWAYS RECYCLE ONE PIECE OF CLOTHING INTO SOMETHING ELSE TO WEAR IF NOT FOR YOUR SELF MAYBE ANOTHER FAMILY MEMBER

Consumer Advice Clothing TipsSeptember 11, 2006
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent), A light bulb.
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent)
Use Paint Colour Strips As Wall Pockets
Reusing Sample Paint Swatches
🎉
🎄