Storing Stamping Supplies and Stamps

How do you store your stamps and stamping supplies?

J.W. from MN

It depends on how much you have. My sister uses plastic totes and stores them in a storage room. The ones she uses most are in a beautiful wooden corner cupboard that she bought and stenciled on. You can even use some supplies like cool stamps as decorations on a shelf or ledge. The shelves with baskets are very pretty, but you might want to make vinyl liners out of tablecloths or you can buy tablecloth material by the yard.

I bought a plasticware cupcake carrier at Walmart. It works great.

Thank you for your responses. I am a SU demonstrator and I have lots and lots of stamping & scrapbooking supplies. When I store them in plastic bins I have about 7 bins full and that is only the stamps. I always work at my diningrm table so my diningrm has been my craft room for the last 5+ yrs. No kids at home & 5 grandkids. We only use the dinirm table 2 times a yr: Christmas & Thanksgiving. I have decided that my built-in 7 ft wall hutch is perfect for my stamps and stamping & scrapbooking magazines. The bins in the diningrm are now gone! Sure looks better!

I use large plastic zipper bags. You put a piece of cardbord to fit in the bag and then lay your stamps on top of it, stamp sidedown; image up. Most fit snugly together and you can tote them wherever. You can use different bag sizes to fit the different sizes of stamps and you can store them by category or type. I put the stamp pads in a plastic see through shoe box.

I've also used the bottom of case goods (colas, cat food, etc) they are stury and fit a lot!

Depending on where you are storing them, buy boxes that you like and fit your shelves. Then inside these boxes, you can use layers of shoebox lids to store stamps. Then you just open your box and take out the lids that have become trays for stamps. You can separate the trays of stamps based on occasion, theme or however you like. Look on stamping retail sites for ideas on categories that work for you. And remember, store your ink pads upside down! It keeps the ink fresher.

I use boxes for scrap booking paper. I have a butterfly box for birds and butterfly stamps, seasonal boxes for holiday stamps, and a long drawer for the stamps I use relatively often. It helps me keep organized and I don't even have to read labels!

Rubber Stamps
Storing and Organizing Rubber Stamps
Organizing MiscellaneousMarch 30, 2008
A hand holding a rubber stamp.
Stamping Tips and Tricks
Stamps and Colored Ink
Cleaning Foam Stamps
A crafter using rubber stamps to decorate a handmade card.
Cleaning Rubber Stamps
Pile of Colorful Rubberbands
Using Rubber Bands to Make Stamps