Taking Laundry Detergent To The Laundromat

If you use a commercial laundry and don't want to add to your burden by carrying a box of detergent, measure the amount required for one load into plastic bags. When you are ready to go, so are they.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

Great way to think outside the box. And, if you use sandwich-size Zip-Loc baggies, you can take them back home, thoroughly rinse and air dry, and use them again.

Here's an alternative reusable container: try a small reusable storage bowl with a lid. It works for powder and liquid laundry detergent as well as bleach and liquid softener. Just use different colors or sizes, or mark with permanent marker so you don't get mixed up.

September 29, 2010 Flag

Lighten your Load. When using Laundry additives try screw on bottles (Snapple, Soda, Water, etc.) Measure additive, Use and repeat for future loads or dispose at Laundromat. It is much easier than taking The Large Container with you. Time permitting do this for multiple uses in advance. Use The Contents of these bottles before you Re-Use them (LOL).

Gerry K

Answers:

Taking Laundry Detergent/Bleach at the Laundromat

Before we got our washer and dryer, I used to measure out a load's worth of detergent into baggies. I started with empty butter tubs, but found baggies were easier to carry. I took just the number of baggies I thought I would probably need, plus 1 extra just in case. Whenever I used the detergent in a baggie, I kept the baggie and refilled it. (I used powdered detergent--less messy.)

Camilla (02/08/2005)

By calnorth

Taking Laundry Detergent and Bleach to the Laundromat

When my 18 year old moved to residence at University last fall, I sent a tupperware container and a 1/3 cup measuring cup with him for the powdered laundry detergent. It's so much easier to put the powder in the tupperware and take it with him than to carry a flimsy cardboard box of Tide. I also cut the bounce sheets in 2" x 2" squares and sent those with him. He uses one of these per load, just like he did at home. (02/08/2005)

By valleyrimgirl

I just put the required amount of detergent (powder) in a zip lock and only take the ziplock (03/14/2007)

Laundry Mat
Washing Clothes at a Laundromat
Organizing LaundrySeptember 29, 2010
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
A box of laundry detergent
Reusing Laundry Detergent Boxes
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops
🎄