Review of '05 Chevy Malibu Maxx

I just bought a 05 Chevy Malibu Maxx. I was just wondering if anyone out there had one and what their thoughts on the car were? Any repair problems, reliability, etc. Thank you.

mom of 2

I own a 2005 Chev. Malibu Classic and love it. Smooth riding, comfort, and economical on gas.

The trunk has plenty of room to meet my needs and

is easy to wash. It does not come with over the door handgrips for ease of entering/exiting, but I had one installed on my passenger side because of a special needs grandchild. The handgrip looks like it came with the car as the color was exactly matched from a junk yard vehicle.

If you intend to have one installed in your car, make sure you get the proper type. I checked with a body shop to find out what type/style was needed.

Your Malibu Maxx is a hatchback and if you keep the oil changed, you should never have any major problems with the motor. My husband changes the oil every 3,000 miles on my car and I use the middle grade unleaded gas.

I looked to buy a car with low mileage as possible and learn what the Consumer Reports had to say about a Malibu. You don't have to worry about a lot of problems with this car if it's been previously well cared for.

I owned a hatchback vehicle (not a Chev) and when the winter weather arrived, the hatchback door would not stay up for me. Was annoying when trying to put groceries in the trunk. The car had grown older and probably the hydraulic fluid needed replaced or the hydraulics. Didn't keep it that long after it was paid off.

This site tells you a lot about the Chev. Malibu and you may want to browse other sites on the 'net besides this one.

Bought mine new in 2005 and had to have the sun visors replaced under a recall from factory. Gets around 23-25 mpg in town and 28-32 mpg on the road. A great car for road trips.

I bought my 2005 Malibu Maxx new. Great car so far except a couple of issues. First, in the winter time cold air comes in on the driver's side. My salesperson at the Chevy dealership told me there was nothing they could do about it (I'll never buy another car from him). Second, the front exterior turn signal lights have burned holes through the tops of their housing. Plus the heat from the lights is melting the plastic of the headlamp casing. My friend has a 2004 Chevy Malibu and she has experienced the same thing. Good luck with your car.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Automotive AutomobilesFebruary 14, 2008
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent Review
woman brushing a cat
Product Review: FURminator
female doctor
Websites That Review Doctors
A Garden Journal
Keeping A Garden Journal