Ballpoint Ink on Cotton Polyester Fabric

My daughter is 1 year old. She scribbled on her baby blanket with a ballpoint pen. It's Mother Care brand and it says the material is 80% cotton and 20 % polyester. I was hoping I could show the picture, but it's not loading.

By Zainab from Dubai

Hello, Zainab, Try hairspray - any brand. I've had a lot of luck soaking the ink with hairspray, then work at it by rubbing the stain first holding part of the fabric in each hand and rubbing against each other until it starts to smear. Rinse with cold water and it should be lighter. Spray again with hairspray and repeat, possibly a couple more times. You may then have to "scratch" at any remaining stain with your fingernails after soaking with hairspray to get the last bit out, but it usually works.

Rubbing alcohol works well to remove ink stains. You may need to soak the stain in alcohol and then rub it with a cloth rag saturated with alcohol. Putting paper towels or another rag under the stain while you are rubbing it will absorb the ink.

Hairspray was my tip, too. Good Luck!

Home and Garden Cleaning Linens and BlanketsFebruary 9, 2010
Polyester Fabric
Dyeing Polyester
A woman ironing clothing.
Ironing Polyester Clothing and Fabric
Removing Permanent Marker from Hair
Flair Pen on Cotton Clothing
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather