Decorative Valentine Skewers

For Valentine's Day deco, I punched out hearts with one of my heart punches (about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide) out of red paint chips and glued skewers onto the back of them. I then stuck them in a white silk floral arrangement. It's best to use an uneven number of them - I used five. Really decorative and simplistic - and just about free. Scrapbooking paper or construction paper works well also.

By Billie from Melbourne, FL

That sounds like a really lovely idea. To do as a gift for a couple of people in my office, next year I might try this and put them in an inexpensive bunch of white supermarket carnations. Thanks for sharing.

A Valentine's Day decorated table
Homemade Valentine's Day Decorations
Crafts Valentine's DayFebruary 3, 2009
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Wedding Favor Ideas for a Valentine's Day Wedding, White and red boxes for Valentine's Day wedding favors.
Valentine's Day Wedding Favor Ideas
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day