Shopping for Reasonably Priced Baby Clothing in Tulsa

I am looking for baby clothes. I have noticed in my area the consignment and thrift stores cost as much or more than the department stores. I live in Tulsa OK. Does any one know of a decently priced thrift or consignment store I might be over looking?

By momOfTJnLogan from Tulsa, OK

Also check and see if you have Salvation Army Thrift Stores in your area.

Call the Roman Catholic Diocese in your area and ask if there are any Catholic Thrift Shops.

Have you joined Freecycle? If you haven't, go to Yahoo groups and sign up! You can join a group in Tulsa and watch for people offering used baby clothes. You may even be able to enter a request. I'm in a smaller town - formerly you could only enter items you were offering, but they are allowing requests now. Good luck!

I live in Tulsa too. The Goodwill sells all baby clothes up to size 2 for 1.99, not a bad deal at all & you can get nearly new stuff sometimes-best to go in AM or before noon to get the good stuff. If you can't find an address for one,send me a message & I'll give you the addresses.

Sometimes you can get a good deal at the thrift stores at 51st & Peoria and 15th(?) & Memorial but don't give your phone # out to that last place or they will call you asking for donations all the time.

DON'T , DON'T buy any clothes from the Salvation Army without checking them VERY CAREFULLY! They put their tags on with little staples that have rough little "burs' on them. It is nearly impossible to take them out without leaving a hole or 'run' in the clothing, no matter how careful you are. Sometimes you can look where the staple goes through the cloth & see the holes already there. I have 2 grocery-size bags of toddler clothes with holes in them, and I am VERY careful when removing tags. I complained to the clerk & she says she gets a lot of complaints from people, but they still do it. I almost never buy clothes there now!

Anyway, Goodwill is your best bet.Oh yeah, you might want to start checking garage sales, a lot of times you can get baby clothes for practically nothing.

Hi there :). Post an ad on your local craigslist website under the baby/childrens section stating the sizes/gender you are looking for.

People can send you an emailed reply without seeing your email address.

I've had a lot of luck with this.

Also, just check the baby/children's section often. What you're looking for is sure to turn up.

When my son was young, I didn't have any friends with children around his age to trade clothes with, so I bought at thrift stores or consignment stores. I found the most wonderful clothes at garage sales for even less! He was the best dressed child in our neighborhood and church. When he was four years old, I had my own garage sale and sold all his clothes. toys and crib; I made over $1000, what a deal:)

Consumer Advice Store FinderMay 1, 2010
Mopping the Floor
Homemade Floor Cleaner Recipes
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
A blue baby stroller.
Saving Money on Baby Strollers
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower