Use Post-Its For Bookmarks

I use post-it note paper as bookmarks. You can get the really small ones in a variety of colors, they work really great. Plus, they don't slip out of books like regular bookmarks.

By LuLu from Chicago, IL

Did you know that post-it notes were invented as bookmarks? They were designed to be bookmarks that didn't slip out of books and then someone thought up all kinds of other ways to use them.

I love to do this too! I especially love it in my cookbooks because I will write at the top what the recipe is, then I can easily find my favorites!

Excellent idea, EXCEPT do NOT use post-its on fine paper such as pages in a Bible. it will leave unwanted residue. Unfortunately, that's the voice of experience.

I like to use greeting cards. I cut out a flower or some cute aspect of the card and use that. Sometimes I use a hole punch to make a place to tie a scrap of ribbon or yarn. I just made several book marks from Xmas cards. They are a nice reminder of the person that sent the card.

I do like the idea of post its for the cook book to mark a favorite recipe!

Keeping Bookmarks Handy
Keeping Bookmarks Handy
Organizing BooksOctober 17, 2008
Cat Scratching Sisal Post
Repairing a Sisal Wrapped Cat Scratching Post
Post-It Notes
Saving Money on Post-its
A bookmark made out of wallpaper scraps.
Homemade Bookmarks
🎉
🎄