Red Balls To Deter Birds From Tomatoes

Birds had always beaten me to my ripe tomatoes, forcing me to pick them green. I found a simple yet effective solution; light-weight, red, plastic balls! When a tomato begins to ripen, hang a red ball directly on the plant next to it (it needs to be very light weight). The bird will peck at the bright red ball instead of the tomato. When you pick the tomato, move the red ball near the next tomato to be picked.

If you have a hard time finding the red balls, go to www.materballs.com

By rexter from Canyon Lake, TX

I've been growing tomatoes for several years, I've never heard of birds eating tomatos. Must be some strange birds in Texas. Did you see them do it? Maybe they're getting eaten by tomato worms.

Protecting Tomatoes
Protecting Tomatoes from Birds
Home and Garden Pest Control BirdsMay 14, 2009
A pile of yellow tennis balls.
Saving Money on Tennis Balls
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes
Five Pigeons
Getting Rid of Pigeons
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
🎄