Reuse Food Containers for Packed Lunches

Save your plastic containers from store bought items to reuse at home. My husband uses butter bowls to take soups, spaghetti, etc. to work. Then throws the bowl away and has nothing to keep up with. I also use them when sending food to friends and family or neighbors. I never worry about getting my good dishes back.

By firewife from TN

February 9, 2010 Flag

Here is a frugal hot dog carrier for lunch. I reuse those plastic tomato containers to put hotdogs in for lunches. It is a perfect fit and less messy than wrapping them in foil. Just put the bun inside, then make the hotdog however you choose to, then snap closed. It will hold 3 cupcakes too.

By Melissa from Bessemer City, NC

December 10, 2009 Flag

Reuse pickle, mayo or yogurt containers; anything really that has a cover. Wash it out and use it to send (or bring) tuna or chicken salad to work or school. I send my husband to work with left-overs or whatever. If he doesn't bring it back home, it's no great loss.

Source: Myself, after losing tons of Tupperware

By Sherry from Onset, MA

Reusing Food Containers
Reusing Food Containers
Photos FoodFebruary 9, 2010
A child eating a brown bag lunch.
Saving Money on Packed Lunches
Packed Lunch
Packed Lunch Tips and Tricks
Craft Ideas for Creamer Containers
Crafts Using Single Serving Cream Containers
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers