Jimmy Buffett Themed Party

I am planning a Surprise Birthday party for my husband. I have decided to make it a Jimmy Buffett theme. I am wanting some help on ideas for decorations. Can anyone give me any ideas to use for decorations and invitations?

Lisa from Texas

Since Jimmy Buffet fans are known as 'Parrot Heads', why not use stuffed parrots and a jungle type theme, or even a hawaiian theme!

Of course, you would have to play Jimmy Buffett albums and serve (if you're mainly having adults over) margaritas and beer. Jimmy has a song about how he likes his hamburgers with Heinz 57 sauce, etc. Bet you could get by with burgers, fries and cake and ice cream. Anything tropical for decorations, including sea shells, palm trees, and leis -- you can get them very cheaply from OrientalTrading.com.

of course everyone must arrive in a hawaiian shirt!

I'm having a themed Jimmy party for my husband's 30th. I purchased plastic bottles on ebay. The invitations are going inside of them. They can be sent through the US post office. What a great way to start the party!! Check them out on ebay. There is a women who sells them made or you can do it yourself. Just search for message in a bottle or plastic bottles.

Hi! We are having a Jimmy Buffett Pre-Nuptial party for my nephew and niece-to-be-in-law. I got my invitations printed at VistaPrint with a Large Parrot on the front, and the theme of "It's 5:00 PM Somewhere" inside (even though we will be starting at 3 PM!). I ordered 4 blow-up palm trees, and over 42 Margarita Glasses from E-Bay. I also purchased 2 parrots that play back what you say to them, and hang on perches, from The RainForest Cafe. For the menu, we will be doing margaritas and beer (of course) supplemented by a tropical champagne punch (that will be served from a light-up pink "fountain"). I am also contemplating serving mini-cheeseburgers (in Paradise?); various shrimp and crabcake platters; guacamole and vegetarian chips; a tropical fruit dessert of some kind. We also got about 10 Buffett CD's (thus far), and will be stocking lei's etc. for people to wear.

Any reciprocal ideas? Love to hear them.

katensch AT aol.com

For my husband's birthday (Jimmy themed of course) gave him a Margaritaville margarita maker. It is wonderful. It is very funny and often refers to Jimmy's songs. It is a great purchase if you can spring for the price, and works well for parties of any size.

My grandson (14) is quite an accomplished guitar player but plays rock and we (old folks) just don't understand so, he is planning on visiting with me and he is learning some Jimmy Buffet music to play for the old folks. Sounds like fun and he is good. I am going to have a theme Jimmy B. party and need suggestions for non alcoholic drinks and buffet suggestions, preferably pick up, finger food. Suggestions for invitation would be appreciated also. Thanks.

We're having a Buffett party in 3 weeks. Of course, we'll have the required limbo, rum punch, and a whole pig on the spit. Our games include "lost shaker of salt", best dressed theme couple, best tropical drink competition. We're bringing in a "beach" (two truck loads of sand since we live in Colorado) and a Kiddie pool as the pool. Everyone brings a lawn chair, and their favorite Buffett CD.

We've built a "Tiki Bar" and have lei's for everyone.

For the old hats, we'll play a game or two of horse shoes less the horse, of course! Hope these ideas help! Have fun!

Holidays and Parties Parties Party ThemesAugust 25, 2005
Poker Themed Birthday Party
Poker Themed Birthday Party
Museum Themed Party
Throwing Museum Themed Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Man in White Gloves and Suit Opening a Bottle of Champagne
White Themed Party Ideas
🎄