Preventing Static Cling

Here's a tip for all those ladies that have problems with static cling, especially in the winter time. If you use softener in your washer and dryer and still have static cling, take a small safety pin and pin it to the outside of your slip. It will remove all static cling. I have done this for years now winter and summer, and it does work. What's worse than static cling on a Sunday morning church service?

By cassie from Paragould, AR

You can also rub hand lotion into your panty hose while you are wearing them and no static cling.

cj in dallas

Swipe staticky clothes with a dryer sheet to stop the static. One dryer sheet lasts a long time, and it's good for those clothes that need to be air-dried. They tend to be the ones that collect static the worst anyway (like knits, acrylic & chenille sweaters).

Camilla

Fill a small, fine mist spray bottle with 1/2 liquid fabric softener and 1/2 water. Mist on hairbrush, clothing, carpets etc. as needed.

I need an all natural way to prevent static electricity because I am terribly allergic to all products on the market. Can anyone help?

How do dryer sheets actually work and prevent static cling?

I couldn't resist throwing in my two cents worth. I get static in my hair a lot and if you spray your hairbrush with a little hairspray, or even water if you don't mind your hair getting damp, it will break the static.

Also, because I have very dry skin, I tend to get static in my slacks and tops too. A little lotion on the skin will do wonders and besides my skin needs it anyway.

If your half slip keeps "walking up" inside your skirt or dress- wear it inside out. Not outside your skirt...LOL

Works like a charm.

I have a dress with 3 layers and it has sooooo much static. How do i get it out?

for whitney, you can rub the underneath of each layer of your dress with a metal hanger. This will take away your static cling problem!

What causes static cling?

Brooke

I use Flex cream rinse after handwashing my nylons. I also use it on our dog,Buddy. It helps keep him smelling pretty and keeps his hair from getting static after a bath. Also I use a dryer sheet on him after he's been out in the wind. GG, Vi

i have bad static in my hair EVERYDAY! how do i get rid of it???

Hey, my hair is always static. I get made fun of when i take off sweatshirts and stuff because it's sticking straight up. Any way, I found that spraying hairspray in my brush works, but only a little bit. Another "trick" is by using a clarifying shampoo once or twice a month, the rest of the time use a moisturizing shampoo. Hope this helps!

a natural remedy, hang your static-y clothing in the bathroom when taking a shower, have a humdifier in your house

A few weeks ago my hair started getiing staticy. i HAVE TRIED LOTS OS SHAMPOOS AND i DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!Please help me!!!

What are dryer sheets? Are they the things that you put in your dryer to make the washing softer?

With panty hose I've tried everything. Different types of lotion different types of aerosol hairspray. Nothing will get the static cling out of my panty hose! What do I do?

I had heard that placing a safety pin to the bottom hem or side seam would prevent static cling. I tryed it and it does work. Now I have safety pins in the hems of all my skirts, dresses and slacks.

For static crazy hair, it's probably caused by the shampoo you are using. I read somewhere that products that are high in silicone cause hair to have lots of static, so switch your shampoo, especially if you are using Pantene

(submitted via email)

Please advise the causes for fabric clinging apart from static charges. Thanks and regards.

Ganesh

Rub a wire coat hanger, those kind you get from the dry cleaner over your clothes. Works for me.

To avoid statice eletricity , first try to wear only natural fibers. For hair, use coconut oil. Take a little coconut oil in your palm (nut size), let it warm to become oily, rub your hands together and pass them lightly on your hair. Dab your fingers in the oil and pass them through your hair, massaging your scalp. It do not get your hair greasy and helps regrow them and... no allergy!