Keeping Little Black Ants Off Dog

I take my dog to a dog park and she comes back with little black ants on her. She's a Husky/wolf mix. What can I use to get rid of them? Or use in the park to keep them off of her and the other dog's? Because I don't like them in the house. Please help. Thanks.

By Linda from Seattle, WA

Are you sure they are not fleas?

Our dog laid down on a few anthills last summer; we immediately bathed him outside and then rubbed "Absorbine UltraShield EX' on his coat. The product had been recommended to me earlier by a kennel owner for conditioning my dog's coat, and I was so glad to have it already on hand for the ant situation.

I paid about $20 at Tractor Supply Company for this 40-ounce bottle, the only size that was available there. It has a small picture of a horse on the front; the back label says use on horses, dogs, and ponies for repellant and protection from flies, gnats, ticks, and mosquitoes.

Pets Dogs AdviceApril 17, 2010
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants