Keeping Little Black Ants Off Dog

I take my dog to a dog park and she comes back with little black ants on her. She's a Husky/wolf mix. What can I use to get rid of them? Or use in the park to keep them off of her and the other dog's? Because I don't like them in the house. Please help. Thanks.

By Linda from Seattle, WA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Are you sure they are not fleas?

Our dog laid down on a few anthills last summer; we immediately bathed him outside and then rubbed "Absorbine UltraShield EX' on his coat. The product had been recommended to me earlier by a kennel owner for conditioning my dog's coat, and I was so glad to have it already on hand for the ant situation.

I paid about $20 at Tractor Supply Company for this 40-ounce bottle, the only size that was available there. It has a small picture of a horse on the front; the back label says use on horses, dogs, and ponies for repellant and protection from flies, gnats, ticks, and mosquitoes.

Pets Dogs AdviceApril 17, 2010
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:41:32 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.